Carlos F. Natarén Nandayapa es profesor investigador en la Universidad Autónoma de Chiapas donde también dirige el nuevo Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas.
Sus líneas de investigación y docencia se han desarrollado en los ámbitos de la protección de los Derechos Fundamentales y del Derecho Procesal. Ha publicado estudios en las materias de Amparo, del Ombudsman, sobre la organización y estructura del Poder Judicial y, en general, sobre Derecho Procesal Constitucional, sin embargo, en la última década buena parte de sus estudios se han centrado en el ámbito de la reforma al sistema de justicia penal en México.
Síntesis Curriculum Vitae (marzo de 2018)
- Carlos F. Natarén Nandayapa is Professor-Researcher at the Autonomous University of Chiapas and Director of the Legal Research Center. He teaches and writes in the fields of Human Rights Protection, Criminal law and Criminal Procedure. For the last decade, his scholarship has been focused on an comparative analysis of Criminal Justice System Reform in Mexico.
- Professor Natarén has been Lecturer in several institutions in México, including Federal and Local Congresses, Federal and Local Supreme Courts, Independent Federal and Local Courts, Tribunals and other Institutions, as well as Public and Private Universities. He has been Legal Advisor and Consultant, for both Public and Private sectors.
- After the Constitutional Amendment on Criminal Justice (published in june of 2008), Professor Natarén coordinated, as General Counsel, the Commission to Model Criminal Procedural Code for Mexican States for the National Association of State Courts (CONATRIB). Few months later, Professor Natarén took leave of absence for a year to serve as Director General of Inter-Institutional Coordination at the Executive Secretariat of the Coordination Council for implementation of the Criminal Justice System at Interior Minister of Mexico
- Professor Natarén has published extensively on Human Rights Protection, Procedural Criminal Law, Rule of Law and Judicial Reform in Mexico. His most recent books are Litigación Oral y Practica Forense de Derecho Penal, (2014, Oxford University Press, 7a ed.) and Los Principios Constitucionales del Nuevo Proceso Penal Acusatorio y Oral Mexicano (2013, Autonomous National University of Mexico Press).
- Professor Natarén has been a Visiting Scholar at Lozano Long Institute of Latin American Studies of the University of Texas at Austin. He is member of Editorial Boards and Councils: Boletín Mexicano de Derecho Comparado, Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas, UNAM (2007-up to date); Reforma Judicial Revista Mexicana de Derecho Privado (2004-up to date); and Cuestiones Constitucionales. Revista Mexicana de Derecho Constitucional (2006-up to date). He is secretary of the Mexican section of the Iberoamerican Constitutional Justice Institute (2007- up to date)
- Before joining to the Legal Research Center, Professor Nataren was Professor-Researcher at the Legal Research Institute of the National Autonomous University of Mexico. He is an honors graduate of the Autonomous University of Chiapas, School of Law, where he was editor of the Law Review. He earned his Doctorado en Derecho magna cum laude (Ph.D/SJD equivalent) at the Complutense University of Madrid, Law School, in 2004.